Thursday 22 March 2012

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Grand Garnet

Sorry for the gap in posts! Been really busy recently with uni and getting a car again (woop!).

Having lost my fave everyday lipstick, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi, I've been looking for a dupe. A quick google search led me to Revlon's Colorstay lipstick in grand garnet.


It looks exactly like a gloss though when applied it dries like a lipstick though stays ever so slightly sticky. It's USP is its staying power which I've been attempting to test over a few hours and after eating a drinking.

Soon after application

With regard to its colour I think it's a little more red than Cyndi and so slightly less wearable on a daily basis. My skin is very pale and makes the colour look really bright so this may be better suited to daily wear on darker skin tones or someone more confident than me!


After a couple of hours (no eating or drinking) 



After eating and drinking (3 hour wear)




12 hours wear


At this point my lips feel soft to the touch and ever so slightly dry. I quite like this lipstick as a fuss free way of applying lip colour without having to worry about it wearing off or eating and drinking. This is particularly useful as my boyfriend hates me wearing lipstick because he'll end up with more on his face than mine but with this lipstick it doesn't come off.

The RRP of the lipstick is £8.99 though I managed to get it through Amazon for only £3.50 including postage!


Have you used any of the other colours in this range? Or have you found any other dupes for Cyndi? X



No comments:

Post a Comment